General Rules and Policies
- Admission to the pool shall be refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges, or any other condition which has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages, or other bandages of any kind shall also be refused admittance.
- Resident Discount: Anyone wishing to receive the resident rate must present a resident discount card at the admissions window. Resident Discount Cards can be purchased with proof of residency.
- All children 2 years of age and under or anyone regularly diapered must wear facility approved, tightly fitting rubber or
plastic pants, available at the admissions window.
- A swimsuit is required to enter the water. Additional clothing must be approved by a facility manager. All apparel worn in the pool shall be clean.
- Coolers and outside food are not permitted inside the facility, with the exception of water in sealed, plastic containers. Bags are subject to inspection. No food, gum, drink, or tobacco is allowed outside of specifically designated and
controlled sections of the facility. Littering is prohibited.
- Splash Station is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is only permitted outside of the facility in designated smoking areas. This includes electronic cigarettes, vape pens, etc.
- Glass and alcohol are prohibited. Any person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be
permitted in the pool area.
- Personal conduct within the pool facility must be such that the safety of self and others are not jeopardized. No running, boisterous or rough play is permitted.
- All flotation devices must be U.S. Coast Guard approved. Complimentary life-jackets are available. Children wearing
life-jackets must be within arm’s reach of a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
- Face masks or goggles covering the nose are not permitted.
- The pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the pool is not permitted.
- Only clean footwear, baby strollers, or wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area or bathhouse.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool area.
- Glass, soap, or other material which might create hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient operation of the
swimming pool shall not be permitted in the swimming pool or on the pool deck.
- Diving in water less than five feet deep is not permitted. Our facility does not have suitable water depth for diving in any location.
- Weather Policy: Swimming is prohibited at all outdoor swimming pools when thunder is heard or lightning is seen. If this occurs, the facility will close for a 20 minute period after the last lightning or thunder is detected. If the facility remains clear for 1 hour, the park will close and a rain date is declared.
- Splash Station reserves the right to close attractions or the entire facility due to low attendance. In the event that the facility closes due to low attendance the rain check policy will apply. NO CASH REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.
- Rain Check Policy: In the event the water park closes due to inclement weather more than 1 hour before closing time, your receipt will serve as your rain check. The Joliet Park District is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged receipts. Once a receipt is redeemed, it can not be reissued for subsequent rain checks. All receipts must be redeemed before the last day of the season in which they are issued. NO CASH REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.
- NO CASH REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.
- If present, lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies. Parents or guardians should supervise their children.
- No one may go down headfirst on the body, tube or kiddie slides.
- No one should swim alone.
- Violation of any facility rules can result in ejection from the facility, with no cash refund or rain check. Cash refunds will not be issued under any circumstance.
- The pool management has the authority to implement and enforce rules that are more stringent or that supplement those listed here.